By Juan Pablo Alegre Pérez
This publication analyzes computerized achieve keep an eye on (AGC) loop circuits. the most target of this booklet is to illustrate AGC options within the atmosphere of instant receivers, typically in instant receivers with stringent constraints in settling-time and large dynamic diversity, similar to WLAN and Bluetooth receivers. due to the fact that feedforward AGCs current nice benefits during this context, instead to standard suggestions AGCs, this booklet encompasses a designated research of feedforward AGCs layout –at the extent of simple AGC cells, in addition to the process point, together with their major features and performance.
- Provides a whole evaluation of automated achieve keep an eye on loops, overlaying either suggestions and feedforward methods;
- Describes the whole layout movement of the most blocks utilized in AGC circuits (PGAs/VGAs, top detectors and keep watch over voltage iteration circuits), contemplating low-voltage low-power restrictions;
- Includes genuine AGC architectures applied as a common goal electronic feedforward CMOS AGC, a completely analogue feedforward AGC and a mixed feedforward/feedback CMOS AGC
Read or Download Automatic Gain Control: Techniques and Architectures for RF Receivers PDF
Best microelectronics books
Microelectronics: Circuit research and layout is meant as a middle textual content in electronics for undergraduate electric and laptop engineering scholars. The fourth version maintains to supply a beginning for reading and designing either analog and electronic digital circuits. The aim has continually been to make this ebook very readable and pupil pleasant.
Digital fabrics are the particular semiconductors, plastics, metals and ceramics that make up the chips and applications from which we build this present day? s cellphones, palmtops, and PDAs. The swap in functions from computers to smaller communications units has pushed the micro-miniaturization development in electronics, which in flip has created a brand new set of demanding situations in growing fabrics to satisfy their necessities.
Stable nation Drives (SSDs) are gaining momentum in company and customer functions, changing harddrive Drives (HDDs) by way of supplying greater functionality and decrease energy. within the company, builders of knowledge heart server and garage platforms have visible CPU functionality growing to be exponentially for the previous 20 years, whereas HDD functionality has greater linearly for a similar interval.
Andrew Parr's Programmable Controllers presents a completely functional creation to using PLCs in undefined, protecting programming thoughts along systems-level layout concerns. within the 3rd version a masterclass sequence of real-world case experiences were extra to demonstrate commonplace engineering demanding situations - and version recommendations.
- Microelectronics Failure Analysis Desk Reference, 5th Ed
- Micro and Nanomanufacturing
- Microbiorobotics. Biologically Inspired Microscale Robotic Systems
- Classical Circuit Theory
Additional resources for Automatic Gain Control: Techniques and Architectures for RF Receivers
4) where gmi and roi are respectively the transconductance and the output conductance of transistor Mi. 5) where R denotes one-half of the degeneration resistance and α denotes the M1 gateto-source DC voltage gain, which is somewhat less than unity due to the body 34 3â•… Basic AGC Cells ,% 5/ 9LQ 0 5/ , % 9RXW ,% 9FDV 9FDV 5 0 0 0 0 0 9RXW± 9LQ± 0 0 D 5 N: DL D E :/ D :/ :/ :/ :/ D 0VL 5L 5L 0VL 5L :/ Fig. 3â†œæ¸€ Schematic view of the PGA proposed in  effect of the input pair transistors—NMOS in a P-substrate single well CMOS technology: α≈ gm1 .
The proposed VGA offers considerably low power consumption, great bandwidth and gain range, while distortion levels and noise performance obtain acceptable values. Furthermore, it offers a continuous gain variation and so features the possibility of a fine, smooth automatic gain control. Thus, a continuously variable linear gain amplifier is obtained, without the glitches introduced by the digital control required by programmable gain amplifiers and with a good trade-off between bandwidth, gain range, power consumption, linearity and noise performance.
B. Gilbert; “Limiting-Logarithmic Amplifiers”; Electronics Laboratories Advanced Engineering Course on RF IC Design for Wireless Communication Systems; Lausanne, Switzerland, Jul. 1995. 15. Hung Yan Cheung, King Sau Cheung, J. Lau; “A low power monolithic AGC with automatic DC offset cancellation for direct conversion hybrid CDMA transceiver used in telemetering”; Circuits and Systems, 2001. ISCAS 2001. The 2001 IEEE International Symposium on; Vol. 4, pp. 390–393, 6-9 May 2001. 16. S. Skogestad and I.