By Christophe Caloz, Tatsuo Itoh(auth.)
Electromagnetic metamaterials-from basic physics to complex engineering applications
This publication offers an unique generalized transmission line technique linked to non-resonant buildings that show better bandwidths, decrease loss, and better layout flexibility. it truly is in accordance with the radical suggestion of composite right/left-handed (CRLH) transmission line metamaterials (MMs), which has resulted in the advance of novel guided-wave, radiated-wave, and refracted-wave units and structures.
The authors brought this strong new notion and are consequently capable of supply readers deep perception into the basic physics had to appreciate the expertise. additionally, they supply a number of sensible engineering applications.
The ebook starts with an introductory bankruptcy that areas resonant style and transmission line metamaterials in old viewpoint. the following six chapters supply readers a high-quality beginning within the basics and sensible applications:
* basics of LH MMs describes the basic physics and unique houses of left-handed metamaterials
* TL concept of MMs establishes the rules of CRLH constructions in 3 innovative steps: perfect transmission line, LC community, and actual allotted structure
* Two-Dimensional MMs develops either a transmission matrix technique and a transmission line option to tackle the matter of finite-size second metamaterials fascinated about arbitrary sources
* Guided-Wave purposes and Radiated-Wave purposes current a couple of groundbreaking functions built through the authors
* the way forward for MMs units forth knowledgeable view on destiny demanding situations and prospects
This engineering method of metamaterials paves the way in which for a brand new iteration of microwave and photonic units and buildings. it's endorsed for electric engineers, in addition to physicists and optical engineers, with an curiosity in functional detrimental refractive index constructions and materials.Content:
Chapter 1 creation (pages 1–26):
Chapter 2 basics of LH MTMs (pages 27–58):
Chapter three TL conception of MTMs (pages 59–132):
Chapter four Two?Dimensional MTMs (pages 133–191):
Chapter five Guided?Wave functions (pages 192–260):
Chapter 6 Radiated?Wave purposes (pages 261–315):
Chapter 7 the way forward for MTMs (pages 316–346):
Read or Download Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications: The Engineering Approach PDF
Similar theory books
Featuring a holistic and carefully functional research of the genuine nature of computing device video games that palms readers with a small but strong set of theories for constructing particular ways to realizing video games. online game Invaders absolutely integrates style idea, new media aesthetics, perceptual possibilities, and semiotics right into a useful DIY toolkit for video games analysis—offering unique tips for the way to behavior in-depth reviews of video game content material and gameplay.
Electromagnetic metamaterials-from primary physics to complicated engineering purposes This publication provides an unique generalized transmission line procedure linked to non-resonant buildings that show better bandwidths, decrease loss, and better layout flexibility. it really is in line with the unconventional inspiration of composite right/left-handed (CRLH) transmission line metamaterials (MMs), which has ended in the improvement of novel guided-wave, radiated-wave, and refracted-wave units and constructions.
- More Brilliant Than the Sun: Adventures in Sonic Fiction
- Recreation as a Developmental Experience: Theory Practice Research: New Directions for Youth Development issue Summer
- Truth, Proof and Infinity: A Theory of Constructions and Constructive Reasoning
- Global Differences in Corporate Governance Systems: Theory and Implications for Reforms
- Statistical Theory in Research I. Basic Statistical Theory II. Analysis of Experimental Models By Least Squares
Additional info for Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications: The Engineering Approach
40) reveal the following. The BCs on the tangential components of E/H are unaffected at this interface, since the relations on the tangential components do not depend on ε, µ. In contrast, the BCs on the normal components are necessarily changed, since they involve ε, µ with changes in signs. 41c) H1t = H2t . 41d) Thus the tangential components of E/H remain continuous while their normal components become antiparallel at the interface between a RH medium and a LH medium. 42b) where si (i = 1, 2) represents the sign of handedness of the medium i, as deﬁned in Eq.
Planar transmission line (TL) LH structures in microstrip technology constituted of series interdigital capacitors and shunt stub inductors. The gray areas represent the ground planes, and the black surfaces represent metal. , [39, 40]). (b) 2D (similar to ). 8 COMPOSITE RIGHT/LEFT-HANDED (CRLH) MTMs The concept of composite right/left-handed (CRLH) MTM, introduced by Caloz et al. in , is the cornerstone of the theory and applications presented in this book and is therefore extensively developed in the next chapters.
88, no. 20, pp. 207403:1–4, Jan. 2002. 16. M. Garcia, and M. Nieto-Vesperinas. , vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 885–887, June 2002. 17. P. M. Valanju, R. M. Walser, and A. P. Valanju. “Wave refraction in negative-index media: always positive and very inhomogeneous,” Phys. Rev. , vol. 88, no. 18, pp. 187401:1–4, 2002. 18. P. Gay-Balmaz and O. J. F. Martin. “Electromagnetic resonances in individual and coupled split-ring resonators,” J. App. , vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 2929–2936, Sept. 2002. 19. R. Marqu´es, F. Median, and R.