By Russ Caslis
- Get cracking! this is the hacker's consultant to banishing dull beige bins
- ExtremeTech readers aren't timid approximately cracking the case and voiding the guaranty, and they will love those precise directions for workstation severe makeovers that upload lighting, shapes, home windows at the works, and extra individuality to plain computer instances
- Modding is sizzling; a multimillion greenback has grown up round the hobbyists who alter their computing device situations with way-out home windows, neon and lights screens, customized cooling structures, and extra
- Modding is additionally mainstream-major machine outlets now inventory mild kits and fan kits, whereas a few computer proprietors supply out-of-the-box circumstances with character
- Written via a major modder who took a Dremel to a working laptop or computer case lengthy sooner than it used to be trendy, the ebook offers fabrics lists, identifies worthwhile instruments, and provides all of the instructions for over a dozen cool case mods
Read Online or Download Going Mod: 9 Cool Case Mod Projects PDF
Similar personal computers books
Speedy, potent aid from Mac OS X TroublesDiagnose and healing difficulties for Mac OS X and OS X 10. 2 JaguarSeeking reduction from mouse mishaps or reminiscence malfunctions? Take the healing and attain top functionality with Mac OS X and OS X 10. 2 Jaguar. during this precious source, Mac guru and best-selling writer Curt Simmons covers every thing from easy difficulties like interfacing along with your computer to the complicated info of troubleshooting functions, printer drivers, and multimedia positive aspects.
Exhibits the reader not just the right way to layout an interface, but additionally easy methods to make it totally useful ¿ placing conception into perform and highlighting the issues a dressmaker faces whilst operating in a real-world state of affairs.
This e-book offers training scientists and engineers an instructional at the primary ideas and use of microcontrollers. this present day, microcontrollers, or unmarried built-in circuit (chip) pcs, play serious roles in just about all instrumentation and regulate structures. so much latest books arewritten for undergraduate and graduate scholars taking an electric and/or desktop engineering path.
Get the main from your netbook! Now that you have got a netbook, it is time to tips to maximize all of its features. This hands-on advisor explains how one can preserve your netbook working at height functionality by means of proscribing what number courses you run simultaneously and what you obtain. examine the easiest how you can connect with the net, safe your process, set up software program, use web-based courses from Microsoft, Google, and others, upload reminiscence, and troubleshoot your netbook.
- Maran Illustrated Windows XP Guided Tour
- Personal Computing Demystified
- Programming with Quartz: 2D and PDF Graphics in Mac OS X
- Interactive Storytelling: 7th International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, ICIDS 2014, Singapore, Singapore, November 3-6, 2014, Proceedings
- BlackBerry Curve Made Simple
Extra info for Going Mod: 9 Cool Case Mod Projects
This was a somewhat difficult mod in that you have to plan for the fan blades spinning and what will happen to the wires when the blades spun. Now many manufacturers sell fans with LEDs already attached. In addition to having multiple LEDs attached to the fan, the manufacturers also make the fan and fan blades themselves clear to help the light shine through. This leads to another variation of fan lighting—the use of UV-reactive substances. As you probably already know, ultraviolet light is the blue/purple light seen in novelty stores used for lighting up glow-in-the-dark paint and other items.
Supposedly, this leads to greater airflow and lower noise, but only 70-mm fans are available with this configuration. Chapter 2 — Cooling Getting Your Bearings All fans use bearings of some sort. Bearings are what allow the fan blades to efficiently rotate and cool a computer. The concept behind a bearing is very simple. Things roll better than they slide. When things slide, the friction between them tends to slow them down. But if the two surfaces can roll over each other, the friction is greatly reduced.
Many people feel that the best part of modding is being able to show off the work you yourself did. Whether the case turns out like a work of art or looks like a hideous deformed monster, have fun in the process of creating something. Don’t be scared off by modding; it is fun and not as hard as people think. Throughout the rest of the book, you’ll learn everything you need to get a solid footing in the world of computer modding. Cooling chapter T oday’s computers are an amazing collection of microscopic electronic pathways literally pulsing with energy.