By Edward Moemeka, Elizabeth Moemeka
Led through authors with deep home windows eight app improvement event, you’ll how to utilize Microsoft’s APIs for hooking into home windows eight on all units, together with the middle rules of gives you and the asynchronous programming version. You’ll additionally notice such very important assistance as how to:
* Adhere to home windows eight directions for profitable app acceptance
* expand the charm of your app with media, contracts, charms, and consumer notifications
* catch and paintings with media, together with the facility to play video wirelessly to a television
* deal with heritage processing and dossier transfers
* achieve visibility in your app and upload monetization options
Guided through engineers who labored on AngularJS at Google, you’ll stroll during the framework’s key gains, after which construct a operating AngularJS app—from structure to trying out, compiling, and debugging. You’ll find out how AngularJS is helping decrease the complexity of your internet app.
* Dive deep into Angular’s construction blocks and learn the way they interact
* achieve greatest flexibility by means of setting apart common sense, facts, and presentation duties with MVC
* gather your complete app within the browser, utilizing client-side templates
* Use AngularJS directives to increase HTML with declarative syntax
* speak with the server and enforce easy caching with the $http carrier
* Use dependency injection to enhance refactoring, testability, and a number of setting layout
* Get code samples for universal difficulties you face in so much net apps
- JQuery 2.0 Animation techniques beginner’s guide
43 Chapter 2 ■ Getting the Basics Right External Known Folders If you request the Documents Library, Pictures Library, Music Library, or Videos Library, you can also access files on any connected media server as a storage location by using the mediaServerDevices property of KnownFolders. Note that the files you see on the device are scoped based on the capabilities you specify, meaning that if you only declare Music Library capabilities, you see only music files on the media server to which you connect.
Figure 2-2. Capabilities tab 42 Chapter 2 ■ Getting the Basics Right Selecting any one of the library capabilities (Documents Library, Music Library, Pictures Library, or Videos Library) enables access to the associated storage location through the appropriate ApplicationData property. The section “External Known Folders” discusses how to enable capabilities for the other three KnownFolders properties (homeGroup, mediaServerDevices, and removableDevices). Next, you must explicitly declare which file types your application reads from and writes to.