By Minko Gechev
- Get modern with the newest alterations to Angular 2, together with the advancements to directives, switch detection, dependency injection, router, and more
- Understand Angular 2's new component-based architecture
- Start utilizing TypeScript to supercharge your Angular 2 applications
Angular 2 adjustments that.
It is the trendy framework you want to construct performant and powerful internet functions. Switching to Angular 2 is the fastest technique to familiarize yourself with Angular 2 and should assist you transition in to the courageous new global of Angular 2.
We'll begin with an summary which units the alterations of the framework in context with model 1.x. After that, you can be taken on a TypeScript crash-course so that it will benefit from Angular 2 in its local, statically-typed surroundings. we are going to examine the recent change-detection technique intimately, how Directives and elements switch the way you create web pages with Angular, the recent Angular 2 router, and masses more.
By the tip of the booklet, you can be able to begin construction speedy and effective Angular 2 functions that reap the benefits of the entire new gains on offer.
What you are going to learn
- Understand the alterations made up of Angular 1.x with side-by-side code samples to assist demystify the Angular 2 studying curve
- Start operating with Angular 2's new approach to imposing directives
- Use TypeScript to jot down sleek, robust Angular 2 applications
- Dig in to the change-detection procedure, and different architectural adjustments to ensure you recognize what is going on less than the hood of Angular 2.
- Get to paintings with the hot router in Angular 2
- Use the hot good points of Angular 2 together with pipes, or the up to date positive aspects equivalent to kinds, prone, and the DI module
- Master server-side rendering in Angular 2 to maintain your new functions web optimization friendly
About the Author
Minko likes to scan with theoretical options from laptop technology and follow them in perform. He has spoken approximately Angular and software program improvement at around the world meetings and meetups, together with ng-vegas, AngularConnect, ITWeekend Kiev, AngularJS-SF, and Angular Berlin.
Table of Contents
- Getting begun with Angular 2
- The development Blocks of an Angular 2 Application
- TypeScript Crash Course
- Getting began with Angular 2 parts and Directives
- Dependency Injection in Angular 2
- Working with the Angular 2 Router and Forms
- Explaining Pipes and speaking with RESTful Services
- Development adventure and Server-Side Rendering
Read Online or Download Switching to Angular 2 PDF
Guided through engineers who labored on AngularJS at Google, you’ll stroll throughout the framework’s key good points, after which construct a operating AngularJS app—from format to trying out, compiling, and debugging. You’ll find out how AngularJS is helping lessen the complexity of your net app.
* Dive deep into Angular’s construction blocks and find out how they interact
* achieve greatest flexibility through setting apart good judgment, info, and presentation duties with MVC
* gather your complete app within the browser, utilizing client-side templates
* Use AngularJS directives to increase HTML with declarative syntax
* converse with the server and enforce easy caching with the $http carrier
* Use dependency injection to enhance refactoring, testability, and a number of setting layout
* Get code samples for universal difficulties you face in so much net apps
- Express Web Application Development
- jQuery Kochbuch
Extra resources for Switching to Angular 2
Occasionally, developers are tempted to access or even manipulate the DOM directly from their controllers. Initially, this happens for achieving something simple, such as changing the size of an element, or quick and dirty changing elements' styles. Another noticeable anti-pattern is duplication of business logic across controllers. Often developers tend to copy and paste logic, which should be encapsulated inside services. The best practices for building AngularJS applications state is that the controllers should not manipulate the DOM at all, instead all DOM access and manipulations should be isolated in directives.
However, the Composite class also owns references to it. We can take this even further and allow Composite to own a list of references to Component instances, as shown in the diagram. The components list inside Composite can hold references to different Composite or Leaf instances, or instances of other classes, which extend the Component class or any of its successors. In the implementation of the method, operation, inside Composite, the invoked operation of the different instances inside the loop can behave differently.
It allows execution of heavy computations inside the context of different thread, which leaves the main thread of execution free, capable of handling user input and rendering the user interface. How can we take advantage of this in Angular? x. What if we have an enterprise application, which processes a huge amount of data that needs to be rendered on the screen using data binding? For each binding, a new watcher will be added. Once the digest loop is run, it will loop over all the watchers, execute the expressions associated with them, and compare the returned results with the results gained from the previous iteration.