By Jim McCarter
The shrinking cost of a house machine made you run out and purchase one. yet how do you utilize it? This consultant takes the phobia and frustration out of having your workstation up and operating, with no lot of technical mumbo-jumbo. desktops are meant to make lifestyles simpler, and Cliff's indicates you ways in transparent, easy-to-follow language and routines.
Read or Download Using Your First PC (Cliffs Notes) PDF
Best personal computers books
Quick, powerful aid from Mac OS X TroublesDiagnose and treatment difficulties for Mac OS X and OS X 10. 2 JaguarSeeking reduction from mouse mishaps or reminiscence malfunctions? Take the remedy and attain top functionality with Mac OS X and OS X 10. 2 Jaguar. during this useful source, Mac guru and best-selling writer Curt Simmons covers every little thing from easy difficulties like interfacing along with your desktop to the advanced info of troubleshooting purposes, printer drivers, and multimedia gains.
Indicates the reader not just the best way to layout an interface, but additionally find out how to make it absolutely useful ¿ placing conception into perform and highlighting the issues a dressmaker faces while operating in a real-world state of affairs.
This ebook presents training scientists and engineers an academic at the basic innovations and use of microcontrollers. this present day, microcontrollers, or unmarried built-in circuit (chip) pcs, play severe roles in just about all instrumentation and regulate platforms. such a lot current books arewritten for undergraduate and graduate scholars taking an electric and/or computing device engineering path.
Get the main from your netbook! Now that you have got a netbook, it is time to the best way to maximize all of its functions. This hands-on advisor explains how one can retain your netbook operating at height functionality via restricting what number courses you run at the same time and what you obtain. examine the easiest how one can hook up with the web, safe your process, set up software program, use web-based courses from Microsoft, Google, and others, upload reminiscence, and troubleshoot your netbook.
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Your PC All-in-One for Dummies
- Mobile Computing: Implementing Pervasive Information and Communications Technologies (Operations Research Computer Science Interfaces Series)
- Sams Teach Yourself the iMac in 24 Hours (4th Edition)
- Green Gadgets For Dummies
- Enterprise Java Programming with IBM WebSphere
Extra info for Using Your First PC (Cliffs Notes)
4. Use the spinner controls — the up and down arrows — to select the year. Clicking the up arrow increases the value in the adjacent box. Clicking the down arrow decreases the value in the adjacent box. 40 CliffsNotes Using Your First PC 5. Click on the appropriate day of the month. 6. To set the time, double-click on the hour, minute, sec- ond, or AM/PM indicator and type the new value, or use the spinner controls to reset the value. 7. Click OK to finish setting the date and time. Look in the lower-right corner of the screen to verify that you have set the time correctly.
Windows works as the liaison between you and your computer’s hardware. You tell Windows what you want the computer to do — such as launching a program — and Windows tells the hardware what to do. To start Windows, all you have to do is turn on the computer. Make sure you turn on the monitor and any external peripherals before you turn on the computer. After a few moments of whirring and clicking, Windows leaps to the screen and you see the Windows desktop, as shown in Figure 4-1. Figure 4-1: The Windows desktop on your screen.
Chapter 4: Getting to Know Microsoft Windows 41 If you don’t want to browse through the Help Contents window, you may elect to click the Index tab and search through an alphabetically indexed list of Help topics. Here’s how to find a specific topic in the index: 1. Click the Index tab to display the Help index. 2. Type the word that describes the topic on which you would like help. As soon as you start typing, the Help system automatically starts scrolling through the index to find the letter you type.